Thursday, October 3, 2013

Caleb's Confections



"Hello!  Welcome to my cooking show, Caleb's Confections!  
Today we're doing a demo outside.  Come join us out on the deck!"



"You're going to love what we have in store for today: Leaves!"



"First, we must select the freshest ingredients.  We only use locally-grown products in my kitchen!"



"Do you see how this leaf is at the peak of freshness?  Mostly yellow with a tint of green still in the veins.  Perfecto!"



"Before we do any cooking, we must inspect each piece as if it would alter the course of our recipe for better or worse.  Only the best will do!"



"We take the ingredient inspection very seriously, furrowed brow and bulging cheeks included."



"To begin, we pick the choicest leaves and saute them on low heat."



"When those are ready, add an entire branch with more leaves.  The branch will bring out the barky flavor necessary for our dish."



"How's it going?  Does everything make sense so far?"



"What's that you say?  I'm the most amazing chef in the world?  Gosh, you're too kind!"



"Holy cow!  In the midst of your adoration I almost forgot the most important ingredient!"



"Come on, it's right over here."



"Uh oh, my Mama says I can't go down the stairs right now, even for the ingredient I need.  Hmmm..."



"That's okay!  The thing I needed just fell off the tree right behind us!  What fortuitous timing!"



"Okay, we just added the final ingredient and now I've simply turned the heat down to let it simmer."



"I find that singing 'You are my Sunshine' is about the right amount of time to let it simmer until it's reached perfection."



"Okay, we're all done!  Now I'll just wait for my Guest of Honor, my Daddy, to come home and enjoy this taste of heaven with me.  Thanks for joining me for this episode of Caleb's Confections!"


No comments:

Post a Comment