Monday, October 8, 2012

Five Months

Another month has passed and our beautiful baby boy is as joyful as ever!  And I mean that truly: he is joyful.  Not just happy, but joyful!  The Lord has given this little big man a joyful spirit and we are blessed by it daily.  We get comments regularly about how smiley he is, and how radiant his personality is.  Caleb lights up a room and encourages people all the time, and we are so delighted in him!




Today is also special because my best friend Corrie is here!  She flew in last night to spend a couple days getting to know our moose baby and it's been so refreshing to be in her presence again.  She adores Caleb and we've had such a fun day already.  It's such a treat to have her here!








This is Corrie's first trip to Duluth so of course I started showing off the place by taking her around Canal Park.  We didn't see any ships come in, but it was good to walk to the lighthouse and see the lift bridge anyway.  The weather turned much cooler this past week so our walk was a bit brisk and breezy, but it didn't seem too bad to me since I'm a Duluthian now.  Corrie, on the other hand, (despite being a lifelong Michigander) thought it was quite cold today, hence her winter jacket and hat and gloves compared to my light rain jacket and no hat :)  I was a bit proud of my hardiness.  It already snowed here this past weekend, yet I feel confidant in my ability to conquer the Northland's dropping temps.

Come, O Winter, Come.  I will withstand you in all your snowy attempts to freeze me!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it's already cold here in Chicago, so I can't imagine how it feels in Duluth. That baby of yours is sooo cute, and he really does exude joy! A product of his parents for sure. :) We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete