Sunday, November 30, 2014

Fun at the Farm

Eli had a couple days off after Thanksgiving so we ventured to the Farm, a Horn family gathering place in Cambridge.  I forgot to bring my camera, but was able to capture some of the fun on my phone.  The Farm is a huge old farmhouse with lots of space to run around, so Caleb was in his glory.  Eli's mom even helped him make a "playground" inside and he was sliding and running and jumping all over the place.  By the time we left, Caleb was saying, "Fun at the farm, fun at the farm" over and over because, indeed, we always have fun at the Farm!

Kai also had a good time, exploring Grandpa Horn's new tractor and going for his first sled ride.  I was elated to find a toboggan in the barn because it reminded me of sledding at my grandma's house.  My Grandma and Grandpa Clark's house sits on a hill and I have many memories of piling cousins onto their toboggan and racing down the hill to see if we could make it into the woods and whether everyone could hang on by the end!






We also helped Caleb build some tiny snowmen on the porch during several rounds of the Battle of the Mittens.  That boy refuses to wear his mittens.  It's been a battle for several weeks because he apparently thinks that frozen fingers are just fine and he all-out refuses to wear mittens!  Sometimes he gets distracted enough to forget that we've just forced them on, but he always comes back to the realization that, woe is him, he has to keep his hands warm.  I find myself regularly reminding him that we live in Minnesota, as if that means anything to him.  Anyways, Caleb wore his mittens on/off while making tiny snowmen and throwing tiny snowballs, and it added to the fun at the Farm!

We're grateful we had time to be with family during the Thanksgiving holiday, and we're thankful for such a great place to gather.  We're looking forward to spending more time at the Farm over Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment