Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Peek-a-boo

I went to the Twin Cities last weekend to get some help with the boys while Eli continued hiking.  My in-laws were fabulous and graciously handled the boys so I could sleep in both days (even when the toddler woke up at 4:45 one morning and was raring to go).  We also celebrated my niece's first birthday and saw many of the Horn cousins.  It was a much-needed breather for this Mama and a lot of fun for the boys, a win-win!

I realized as we were driving home that I didn't take a single picture on my camera - an unusual occurrence.  I haven't taken many pictures in general since Eli went hiking.  I suppose every ounce of spare energy is put into maintaining my sanity and nothing else (and I don't always succeed at that either)!  I did, however, take one video on my new phone that encapsulates the joy of our baby boy.  He's a happy one, and he makes my heart happy too :)




Although I will never understand why peek-a-boo is such a joy to so many children, I'm glad such a simple thing causes so many smiles and giggles!


No comments:

Post a Comment