Saturday, November 9, 2013

To Be A Little Brother



"What is it like to be a little brother?  Hmmm...  How shall I describe it?"



"To be completely honest, I usually sit around like this and try to process the whirlwind that is happening around me: balls flying through the air amidst loud squealing and the occasional tantrum followed by the running of little feet and the random toy tossed on my lap."



"And every once in awhile when he's jealous of Mama's attention, my big brother climbs into her lap but completely ignores the fact that I'm also in her lap and thus sits on top of me, which squishes a squeak outta me."



"But I suppose it's not all bad..."



"There are times when he comes over just to pat me on the head, and I like that."



"Of course, there are also times when he comes over to vigorously bounce the bouncy seat and I feel like an earthquake just occurred."



"But when he pulls a blanket off the couch and drags it over to cover me up, then lays down next to me and snuggles for a minute - that is what makes this Little Brother business worthwhile.  I like that, a lot."


No comments:

Post a Comment