Saturday, February 29, 2020

Recent Weekend Fun

This weekend is the first weekend in a month that we've all been home together and Eli has not been on-call.  It's been great to take a breath.

Even though life has been busy this past month, it's also been full of adventures.

Earlier this month we spent a couple nights in Nanyuki, a town on the other side of the mountain.  It was originally supposed to be a writing weekend for myself (since I have few other options for actually getting writing done) but that ultimately didn't work out.  In the end we all went together and I got a tiny bit of writing done in the midst of some good family time.

Also, we were rewarded with the best view of Mt. Kenya we've seen so far.  We even stopped the car to relish it for awhile.  We live in such a beautiful part of the world!




Next up was a "Valentine's Day of Races" that I organized.  Valentine's Day was on a Friday this year, and I figured that people would rather spend the evening together than alone.  And who doesn't love a good 'ol relay race anyway?  The kids had a blast, and the adults did too :)


































Can I just say how much I appreciate adults who are willing to participate in kid activities and/or let kids join whatever fun is being had?  Those kind of people are the best kind of people.

I also want to say how much I love this community.  We've never been a part of such a diverse, intentional, and beautiful community like this before, and we are so grateful to be here and be a part of it.  It's been almost a year since we moved here, and it definitely feels like home!


No comments:

Post a Comment