Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Oh, How I Love This Man

The reasons are many, and anyone who knows him also knows that he's easy to like and love, but right now there's a particular reason why I love this man so much.  Eli, who is introspective and introverted (which is hard to believe because of his amazing ability to extrovert), has been doing a lot of heart-sharing during this Home Assignment.  He's been willing to share stories from being a doctor in Kenya that are hard to share, and which cost him something to share, and I absolutely love his honesty and vulnerability.  I love that he's willing to relate to people on a deep level, and that he's willing to talk late into the night even though he's exhausted, that he knows these stories are important and meaningful and worth being shared. 

Oh, how I love this man.




By the way, a couple weeks ago we celebrated Eli's birthday as he entered into his "deep 30s" as he calls it.  We were able to mark the occasion with scotcheroos.  It was good to pause in the midst of a crazy month of traveling and visiting and speaking to explicitly celebrate this man we love so much.

Eli is kind and patient, humble and servant-hearted.  He is fierce in his love and he forgives easily.  He is the best listener I know, he cares deeply about people, and he has a way of drawing people in.  He is intelligent and reflective, and he excels at articulating complicated thoughts.  And as he's shown many times this year, he is honest and vulnerable and knows how to read a room and offer just what is needed in the moment.

Basically, he's the most amazing man I know, and I am beyond proud to call him my husband.

Oh, how I love this man!


No comments:

Post a Comment