Saturday, July 1, 2017

Quiet Afternoon

It was a wonderfully quiet day in our compound, with lots of people gone and almost everyone else resting indoors.  Eli was home and we chose to head outside for a picnic lunch in the yard followed by some hammock time.  It was such a lovely, restful afternoon, and we all needed it.








I sat on a blanket watching my boys and started reading Blood Brothers by Elias Chacour, which is the current book for our newly formed Book Club here at Tenwek.  Someone highly recommended this book, and even though I'm only four chapters in I am already hooked and feel the need to recommend it to other people too.  I am anxious for the discussion at this week's Book Club.  

There are few things better than starting a good book while playful boys run around the yard.  It didn't hurt that a small bowl of M&Ms was beside me (thanks to my in-laws who brought them to Kenya last month!).  The only thing that dampened the afternoon was a run-in with some pincher ants and needing to pants our son who was screaming from the biting ants in his pants.  But besides that, we enjoyed a beautifully quiet and restful afternoon :)


No comments:

Post a Comment