Sunday, October 16, 2016

Hanging Out with My Boys

I've been taking Swahili lessons for two weeks now, and it's going great except that I don't get enough time with our boys anymore.  It's been a big adjustment.  We're hanging in there but all of us can feel a loss of quality time.  So this weekend, instead of doing chores or writing emails or studying Swahili, I gave a lot of time to our kids.  We had tickle time, we drew with sidewalk chalk, and we played on the balcony.  It was bliss!












And today these boys are getting time with Eli, which has also been much needed.  He's been gone for a few days, will leave again tomorrow for a few days, and then will be gone for five days next week.  (He's helping with a research requirement for the Family Med residents at the university in Nakuru.)  So we're relishing this time with our kiddos since there are too many days that don't allow for much time with them right now.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, praying for you while Eli is gone. My hope is that the time goes quickly. You are certainly a better mom than I.

    ReplyDelete