Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Horn Boys

It's true what they say: the days are long, but the years go quickly.  I'm usually exhausted at the end of every day of taking care of these boys, but they also fill me up in a way that supersedes the constant exhaustion.  And they're growing so fast!  I find myself asking, "When did Caleb learn how to climb a tree so well?  How does Kai know how to count in Spanish?  How did Asa learn to bop his head along when I sing?"  They amaze me.








And so we're proud parents, especially as we continually watch them explore the world at an exponential rate right now.  We've been teaching Caleb the meaning of the word culture and why it's so applicable to things he's experiencing; we've been watching Kai continually attempt to communicate with his friend who barely speaks English; we've been marveling at Asa's ability to be among people of all stripes and be perfectly content.  All new experiences because we're living in Kenya right now.  These boys are learning and growing much, and being stretched too.  They are living such a unique life, and we are proud of how well they're doing.


No comments:

Post a Comment