Monday, September 9, 2013

Tuffy

Caleb discovered this guy sitting on top of our bookshelf the other day.  Now he points to the stuffed animal whenever he sees it and gets really excited to grab him and tote him around.




This makes my heart happy because Tuffy, this old dog who I'll readily admit is not so tough anymore, was my favorite companion as a kid.  I took him everywhere - to Grandma's house, to camp, to sleepovers, etc.  I even wrote a song for him and sang it to him most nights before bed.  I loved this dog!  The reason Tuffy was so special was because my dad gave him to me after loving this dog when he was a kid and holding onto him all those years later.




Tuffy has seen better days.  I loved him well and he's gotten a few rips and tears along the way, but I've never let him go and he has sat proud on one of our bookshelves until Caleb discovered him the other day.  And now he's being loved by our son who will surely give this dog some more rips and tears as long as his interest in the ol' boy lasts.  Tuffy has made many sacrifices as he's been loved through the years, and he's about to make some more.  We'll see how his condition fares as our toddler loves him into yet another generation :)


No comments:

Post a Comment