Thursday, August 16, 2012

Wisconsin Dells

While poor Eli is working like a dog this month, Caleb and I are currently on vacation!  We made the trek from Duluth to the Wisconsin Dells and joined my family for some summertime fun.  It's been special for several reasons, but mostly because it's Caleb's first big road trip (and he's been an all-star traveler, praise God!), and because we get to spend time with the Clarks!  Caleb hadn't seen Grandma and Grandpa Clark since he was born, and he met Aunt Megan and the cousins for the first time.  They adore him!



my older sister with the kids


There's a great little beach where we're staying and the kiddos have been swimming everyday.  Caleb put his feet in the water and was a little confused when they kept sinking into the sand, but overall I think he enjoyed it.  I had a great time taking photos of my nieces and nephew too!










We also went on an Army Duck Boat tour to see the dells on the river.  I didn't get any pictures, but it was a fun ride and it was interesting to learn about the history of the boats, which were used on the beaches of Normandy during WWII.  My mom told me afterward that my great uncle was at Normandy, which I never knew before.  

Tomorrow we're off to Chicago for a wedding.  I'm betting that Caleb will be the most sought-after boy on the dance floor :)


No comments:

Post a Comment