Wednesday, July 11, 2012

97th Percentile

That's right.  Our moose baby is in the 97th percentile for height and weight.  Caleb had his 2-month checkup today and he weighs 14 lbs 12 oz, and is 25 inches long!  He's growing right on target (given how big he was when he was born).  Caleb is perfectly healthy and was all smiles for the doctor.

That is, until the shots...

Our poor boy got his first vaccines today and it was the worst he's ever cried.  With that said, Caleb was a champ overall.  He was literally smiling until the first needle went into his little thigh, and then a look of shock crossed his face for half a second before he started screaming.  The nurse was great - she worked quickly as she stuck my boy three times in a row - but poor Caleb was beside himself with shock and horror.  As soon as it was done, I held him tight and he stopped crying almost immediately.  Then I nursed him and he ate really well and was all smiles again.  He's got a band-aid on each thigh as proof of his ordeal.  I'm so proud of our little man!  I mean, our big boy :)



"What???  I have to do this again in two months?  Say it ain't so!"


No comments:

Post a Comment